Lightweight Lisa Beanie
Our dear friend Lisa Cappuchi has been fighting a long battle with cancer for a while now. Over a conversation, she shared that a lot of medicines cause hot flashes, wigs become too hot to wear, and many of the beanie options available were too warm for the hot flashes, too scratchy for the nerve sensitivities, or just didn’t look great — we thought we may be able to apply our simple Picture This Clothing design experience to her idea of a beanie that better suited her needs. She got excited about creating something that could reach other families, including kids going through chemo, too. Bonus, anyone can wear these, they’re a great “Summer Beanie”!
With Lisa’s guidance we sought to create a lightweight, soft, and comfortable beanie with plenty of slouch to keep it stylish. In addition to meeting Lisa’s goals for her favorite beanie and the ability for anyone to design their own exactly as they want it, we also wanted to let folks include a personalized handwritten message of love, support, or just some words of fun, to be printed in the hem of every Lisa Beanie they create.
• Write your own special message, mantra, or signature to be printed inside the hat’s hem.
• Your one-of-a-kind artistic design is duplicated on the front and back of the hat for seam-to-seam coverage. Hand made with care in Las Vegas, NV.
• A percentage of every Lisa Beanie sold will go directly to Lisa to help with medical expenses.
Size & Fit
Check out our hat size chart for specifics on which size to get for your head-circumference. Our hats are soft and super stretchy, so each size fits a good range of head size!
Our hats are made with the same buttery-soft, lightweight poly-spandex blend fabric as our dresses and t-shirts.
See the “Before You Design” section below for even more helpful info.
The material is prone to “pilling” with extreme wash & wear, if frequently slept in, or if washed in hot water. Follow wash & care instructions closely, and turn ‘m inside-out to wash for the longest last.
– Machine wash cold
– Tumble dry low (hang dry for longest last)
– Iron medium heat
– Do not dry clean
– Do not bleach
Since it’s already been touched by 385ºF heat to get your artwork on it, there is no discernible shrinkage with washing.
While we encourage the use of “Anything you can imagine” there are a couple things that are good to know before you start designing:
• NEON: We currently do not have “neon” inks. While we are able to come close on some colors, neons do often get muted to their closest non-neon color.
• METALLICS: We do not have “metallic” inks. Metallic items can look really cool when printed, but it’s good to know that most shine or glitter effects show up as white or gray and create metallic or glitter effect from a distance but will look a bit strange up close. (Not bad, just strange.)
We think our stuff works best when you fill the whole coloring sheet up with lots of color and imagination! One of the coolest features is that your design will be printed seam-to-seam, and duplicated front and back – so make use of all that space!
Take a look at our Facebook photo and video galleries to see tons of examples and get design inspiration!